SmileyTraffic

Sunday, June 22, 2008

1st project - write a chicklit


We're done with the thoughts... finished with the drama (for now)... This moment is the time for actions! For my first project, I will try, no, I will start writing a novel! Nothing big time for now, my target is to write a chicklit. It's more of your average romance novel rather than the best-selling ones... No James Patterson here yet... hahaha...

My friend said that this publisher usually gives out about 5000-7000 payment per story... The story will be about 100-150pages... Hmm, I wonder how long it will take me to write that... Sigh... I need help... I need inspiration... I need to resign from work and focus on this...

Nope, bad idea. I can't leave work. I don't have money yet for insurance. Plus, that's an easy 13K to lose... I can't afford to lose my job... So, I guess I'll need to work extra hours to get this done...

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, Sky!

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it that someone is reading my blog, lol. I just read your post about your first project. Wow, I couldn't believe that someone out there has the same dilemna (if you let me say...) like mine. I am a frustrated writer. Many times I quit from my work just to focus on it, however fate seems so cruel on me. It always does something to take all my hopes away. But with someone like you, I feel like being reborn again, you're like a friend who knows exactly how to reach down into my soul. I am inspired to give it a try again. Thanks to you! I wish you good luck and I believe you are making a very good writer out of yourself. It is because I can feel your sincerity, courage, and determination.

Thanks,
Fernand Yim

Darmamitra said...

i can't wait to read your first novel! i believe it will be great. it doesn't need to be just an ordinary romance novel. it's ok to dream to be the next dan brown hehehe...
being an author is also my childhood dream. when i studied in college, i used to write short stories and sent them to teen magazines. they published some of them! it's always nice to see your works on a magazines!
well, good luck, hope you succeed with your first project :)

Edna Guevara said...

hi! Visiting here. Can we X links?