SmileyTraffic

Friday, June 20, 2008

seasons passed, my time has not begun

It had been more than a year ago since I marched up the stage to receive my diploma. That piece of parchment symbolizes a great future ahead. It was a proof that I have earned a degree – and from a reputable school at that! It was my education materialized! Sigh! Education, such an elusive word – considered to be the greatest treasure any parents can endow their children. It really was. But now, I can’t even seem to capitalize on this “knowledge and expertise”. Let alone show tangible gratitude to my parents. Come to think of it, I have never seen such qualifications needed in varying job descriptions. And now I’m left with no choice. Stuck with a thankless job that provides my daily bread, I can only dream of life smeared with butter.

No comments: